Sunday, September 25, 2011

Alec Baldwin Teases Steve Martin About Breaking 'SNL' Hosting Record in Monologue (Video)

Martin Bureau/Getty Images Alec Baldwin has now hosted NBC's Saturday Night Live more than any other person. With Saturday night's 37th-season premiere, the 30 Rock star broken his tie withSteve Martin to take the title. STORY: Alec Baldwin Explains His Emmy Absence "This is my 16th time hosting, which means tonight I'm passing Steve Martin and setting a new record for the most times hosting SNL," Baldwin said in his monologue. "Now a lot of people make a big deal about the record. I don't really care about that; it's not a competition, because if it was, I've won." He added: "When you think about it, time is on my side. What is Steve? 100? So, no matter how many times he hosts, I'll always have time to catch up." STORY: 'Saturday Night Live' Skit Becomes Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor Baldwin also quipped that Martin was "a big help" when the two hosted the Oscars together. In a surprise to viewers, Martin showed up to defend his honor. "Well aren't we proud of ourselves," Martin said. "I was just passing by the studio in full makeup and I heard you were breaking my hosting record, and while I'm happy for you I wanted to make sure you were doing it without the use of steroids or performance-enhancing drugs." VIDEO: Alec Baldwin Downplays the NY Mayor Talk He then asked Baldwin to give him a urine sample and brought out a "medical team" and "expert on drug use" -- Seth Rogen -- to help out. "I wonder if my being out here counts as a hosting?" he asked Rogen, who confirmed it didn't with a quick Internet search on his phone. Martin proceeded to drink the "sample," declaring it free of drugs. RELATED: Ben and Jerry's 'Schweddy Balls' Angers Parents Group Radiohead to Open 37th Season of 'Saturday Night Live' Alec Baldwin Steve Martin NBC Saturday Night Live

Watch The Hangover 2 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment